[ltp] Setting up X 3.3.3.1 properly

Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:45:48 +0000

I've used the XF86Config from Bill site along with his patched server
(many thanks to all involved, etc.). I then installed Lyx (a GUI based
Latex document processor). While browsing through the documentation on
setting up Lyx, it mentions getting the best screen presentation relies on
the X server passing the correct DPI value for the screen. The way things
are configured at present, the X server reports 90DPI on my 770X
(1280x1024). This is way out - the actual value is about 120DPI (by
measuring the screen, etc.). However, I can't find any reference to DPI in
the X documentation - does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Where
does the X server get the value 90 from anyway? Is it simply to do with
the XF86Config file, or is it somewhere else?

Many thanks for any help on this - if I need to go to an XFree86 list,
please let me know. I wasn't sure if it was related to the Thinkpad
configuration, or general X configuration.

Regards,

Dave.