[ltp] irq assignments on i1492

Michael B. Haynie linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:20:30 -0400

Amy:

I too was puzzled by this until I realized that IRQ11 seems to be
associated with the PCI bus on my 600x, at least. Therefore, PCI bus
things seem to accumulate on that IRQ, but that is an OK situation. I
know that the pcmcia controller resides on the PCI bus, as does the
sound subsystem. I srongly suspect that the USB device will also (once I
get the USB backport merged in ;-). Therefore, if you are having a
problem and suspect an IRQ collision on IRQ11, you are probably looking
in the wrong place.

Can you be more specific about the trouble you are having?

Amy Fong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to change the irq assignments for my usb/pcmcia/etc.
> for my i1492? I can't seem to find anything in the bios and because both
> the usb and the pcmcia are trying to grab irq11 and because something
> doesn't permit shared irqs, I'm trying to find a workaround as opposed
> to mucking around with the pcmcia/usb source. I know that there's a
> diagnostic disk available but I haven't tried it yet and I'm rather
> suspicious of whether or not it'll do anything in the area of irq
> reassignments.
>
> Thanks
> Amy
> --
> Wordprocessors are for the lame... use TeX
>
>               Amy Fong (afong@furryterror.org)

--Michael

depends on the unreasonable man."
                          - George Bernard Shaw