[ltp] slackware / distro myths

José Antonio Milke G. linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:15:48 -0600

Thanks again for answering George; and thanks for the assertive comment. However, there's
no need to challenge me, because I'm just a beginner :-).
I will try the text mode install under Red Hat as you suggest. Do you know which is the
option for doing this as soon as the colored text mode screen appears (I tried option 2,
but it went to graphics mode and left the screen blank)?.
Now, you know I'm a beginner...would you mind briefly explaining to me what a SVGA server
and what a frame buffer server are? (I may learn more than I expected :-)).
Tony