[ltp] suspend and RAM upgrade

Hawtin, James linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 17:31:39 -0000

You also need to at 191M in your lilo.conf not 192M as
The top bit is used by the bios....

-----Original Message-----
From: Anand Desai [mailto:anand@bootp-189-24.bootp.Virginia.EDU]
Sent: 01 March 2000 17:01
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] suspend and RAM upgrade

This probably won't fix all your problems, but you have to recreate the
hibernation file after adding RAM (since it has to hold the entire
contents of RAM.)

--Anand

> If I boot without the mem=192m argument Linux works perfectly
>
> (suspend, standby, hibernate and switch off after shutdown)
>
> but the system only sees 64MB. Do you have any idea how to
>
> fix the problem ?
>
> best regards,
>
> Nicola
>
> --
> Nicola Botta, Data & Computation
> Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
> Telegrafenberg C4, Postfach 60 12 03, D-14412 Potsdam
> tel: ++49 (0)331 288 2657 mailto:botta@pik-potsdam.de

This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please note that any distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.
the sender immediately and then destroy any copies of it.