[ltp] how come cat /proc/cpuinfo shows weird cpu speed?

mark stubblefield linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:25:19 -0600

Nevermind.. I booted into windows and saw some custom thing that was set at
low.. i just changed it.. dont know why i didnt see it in tpctl or ps2..
thanks anyway everyone

//
Mark Stubblefield
markstubb@charter.net
http://www.digitalpimp.org
icq - 12287245
aim - ioopyscoob
//

-----Original Message-----
From: mark stubblefield [mailto:markstubb@charter.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 4:10 PM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: [ltp] how come cat /proc/cpuinfo shows weird cpu speed?

Howdy all:
	I know this probably has been covered before but i just was messing with
Linux Logo and it was consistantly showing my cpu speed at 58 mhz ?@!?! this
is if i boot on ac power.. if i boot from the battery i get 232.10....
blah.. I'm confused why if i boot on ac i get a nice SLOW processor but if i
boot on DC i get this nice fast machine.. it should be the other way around
at least if not the same :o)

i'm sorry if this has been repeated so many times someone wants to strangle
me but i've looked in ps2.exe and tpctl and both show that it should be at
MAX on either ac or dc power.. HELP?!

//
Mark Stubblefield
markstubb@charter.net