[ltp] IBM EtherJet adapters

Robert Hajime Lanning linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 16:31:28 -0800 (PST)

I just joined this list (received my TP600X last Thursday), so
I have not seen the complete thread here.

It took me a while to get the EtherJet 10/100 Cardbus card to work.
With the newest PCMCIA card services drivers, the card was recognized
and configured, but it would not transmit.  I at first thought it was
some weird transceiver problem, but I borrowed someones 3com card
and popped it in.  It had the same problems.

So, I recompiled the kernel with just BASIC IPv4 drivers.  (ie. no
multicast, firewall, alias...)  And, walla, it worked.  I have put
back in the firewall and aliasing (I will need them for vmware and
VPNs.) and left out the multicast support.  The card still works.

There is a mention in some document somewhere in the PCMCIA package
about some drivers not being able to handle multicast.  It is
suposed to ignore the multicast flag.  (Doesn't seem to work at
all.)

I am running kernel version 2.2.14.  (also originaly used 2.2.13
until the network worked and I was able to ftp 2.2.14)

---- As written by Thomas Hood:

--
/* Robert Hajime Lanning                             lanning@lanning.cc
** Trade: Unix Systems Administrator (Senior level)