[ltp] Sound on a 600X

Robert Hajime Lanning linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:21:05 -0800 (PST)

different sound chip.

Accourding to the docs that I have found on the internet the 600X has the
either the CS4614 or CS4624.  I have been trying to use the CS461x alsa
driver.

---- As written by Ben Brillat:

> Is it necessary to use the ALSA drivers, or is there any particular
> benefit?  I've had great luck with the cs4232 sound drivers from the
> standard kernel on my 600e, and I would imagine that the 600X is similar.
>
> -Ben
>
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:
>
> > I have been trying to get the sound working.
> >
> > I am using the latest alsa drivers/libs/utils (0.5.5).

/* Robert Hajime Lanning                             lanning@lanning.cc
** Trade: Unix Systems Administrator (Senior level)
*/
#include <std_disclaimer.h>