[ltp] Closing lid while in X?

Michael B. Haynie linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 08:35:01 -0500

Works fine for me. I'm using RH6.1 with the complete patch set on a
TP600x with the SGVA video driver (That driver is a bit slow, though).
Didn't to anything special to get it to work, other than using XF86Setup
to specify the chipset.

Brian Button wrote:

> Has anyone gotten their Thinkpads to recover from closing the lid while
> in X? When I close the lid and reopen it, I get these strange looking
> vertical bars, and I can't recover from it.
>
> The workaround for it is to switch to one of the other virtual consoles
> before closing the lid, then all is fine, but I've been known to
> forget... :)
>
> Thanks,
> bab
>
> --
> Brian Button           bbutton@objectmentor.com
> Senior Consultant      Object Mentor, Inc.

--Michael

depends on the unreasonable man."
                          - George Bernard Shaw