[ltp] Closing lid while in X?

Brian Button linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 09:21:56 -0600

altmark@de.ibm.com wrote:

> Dito for me (SuSE 6.3 on a TP 770E), although ejecting the PCMCIA cards
> only seems to be necessary when suspending with AC power plugged in. If the
> machine runs on battery, suspend (by either closing the lid or pressing
> Fn-F4) works fine even with "active" PCMCIA cards.

Sorry, I was in a bit of a hurry when I posted my question, and I wasn't
specific enough.

I have a 770X, running RH6.1, stock X server that comes with this
distribution. I do not suspend when I close the lid, in fact, I've never
looked at how to get suspend working at all :) Anyhow, I do have a
PCMCIA card in the machine, AC power connected, and I close the lid.
When I reopen it, I get this psychedelic mix of colors, and the machine
is locked up.

Does this make more sense?

bab

--
Brian Button           bbutton@objectmentor.com
Senior Consultant      Object Mentor, Inc.