[ltp] BIOS upgrade on TP600 incompatible with Linux

David linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 12:02:51 -0800

oh yes...this works...but not if your dual booting win2k using bootpart ;)

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 08:22:18AM -0500, Nissim wrote:
> At the lilo prompt try this:
>
> linux hda=1299,240,63
>
> then add that to the options in your /etc/lilo.conf, and all should be
> well.
>
> 	-NiS
>

> Sridhar Muppidi wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made the mistake of upgrading the BIOS (ibet45ww dated 09/18/99) on my
> > TP600 and now Linux can't seem to recognize my /hda. I just joined the
> > this mailing list and going through the archive, most of the messages
> > were related to TP600E - wondering if anybody had the same problem with
> > TP600 and if so would appreciate any help in resolving the problem.
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > Regards,
> > -Sridhar
> > ----- The Linux ThinkPad mailing list -----
> > The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
> > http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html

"root is good. You have root? You mind if I have root too?" - CTD
david@sackheads.org 			http://www.sackheads.org/uce/