[ltp] TP600E and MHz 5660

David Newman linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:40:16 -0500

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have a Thinkpad 600E 2645-8AU running
RH6.1. Since Mwave support doesn't appear to be imminent (sigh), I'm looking
to use a 3Com/Megahertz XJ5660 modem instead. Problem is, I can't get Linux
to boot with this card inserted. I also have have 3Com 3C575 Ethernet card
in there, and it works fine under Linux. But as long as I have the Megahertz
card in there, Linux won't go -- Ehternet or no Ethernet.

I understand there may be some options I need to specify in
/etc/pcmcia/config.opts but I don't know what they are.

Can anyone with a similar config mail me their config.opts file, or better
yet a pointer to where I can learn how to do this?

thanks in advance

David Newman
sending from NT because of the Mwave problem

but I'm new at this stuff. What "standard UART resources"
should I specify? Right now my config.opts file is the stock