[ltp] Closing lid while in X?

Kelvin KAN linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:03:57 +0000

Report:

Problem too with TP600E / Redhat 6.1 / no X patches:
	Both gnome & fvwm show the symtom
	But not vertical bars
	Only the resolution was reset from default 1024x768 to something lower
	(but mouse cursor could move beyond the screen, showing that it was
just
	a virtual resolution).
	No xdm-errors in /usr/lib/X11/xdm
	I am sure that the option "Close Lid to Hibernate" was disabled under
		Thinkpad Config of Winnt

This won't concern me much because I seldomly close the lid. (Even under
Windows, closing lid will cause some communication problems.)

But would be interested to hear the solutions :)

I recalled there was some Ctrl/Alt ... keys to reset resolutions in linux/X,
but Ctrl/Alt +/- neither works.

cheers,
-
kelvin.