[ltp] Closing lid while in X?

Thu, 9 Mar 2000 00:13:35 +0100

All I can say is that I don't have this "solar meltdown screen" problem
(never had, neither with SuSE 6.3 nor with 6.2). For me it makes no
difference if I close the lid while under X or any other virtual console (1
to 6). Opening the lid afterwards always brings back X properly (if having
closed under virtual console 1 to 6, you have to press Ctrl-Alt-F7 to
switch to X after opening, of course).

Maybe I've changed something in my X setup to make this work, but at the
moment I cannot remember what! Trying hard ...

As already said, AC power plugged in or not only has an influence on
whether suspend works or not while PCMCIA cards are active (for me at
least). So I do this "cardctl eject" before closing the lid to be able to
suspend my TP if AC powered.

Nevertheless, I agree with you, Harry, that it'd be nice if you didn't have
to go through these steps manually ...

Markus

Harry Mangalam <mangalam@home.com> on 03/08/2000 10:19:08 PM

Please respond to linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com