[ltp] EtherJet 10/100baseT card in thinkpad 600x

Robert Hajime Lanning linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:44:50 -0800 (PST)

Has anyone noticed the perfomance of the EtherJet 10/100 card?

I have it in a 100Mb full duplex switch on a quiet network. (just 2 machines)

when I ftp across I get about 250KBytes a second.  Now with desktop machines
on a 10Mbit half duplex I have been able to get 1Mbyte per second.

So I have here 10 times faster connection with no collisions and I am getting
one quarter the speed of the slower network.

Any one know what is going on here?

This is a cardbus card.

--
/* Robert Hajime Lanning                             lanning@lanning.cc
** Trade: Unix Systems Administrator (Senior level)