[ltp] Corel Linux v.1.0

Sat, 11 Mar 2000 12:37:38 -0700

I could not get Corel's install to load properly on my 600E (infinite
reboot). Red Hat 6.1 Pro installed after some minor trouble.

Terry O'Connor
Sandbox Systems
Tel (403) 215-9934
Fax (403) 215-9909
terry.oconnor@sandboxsystems.com

                    "Alex Bell"
                    <afjbell@onli        To:     "linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com"
                    nk.net>              <linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com>
                                         cc:
                    03/09/00             Subject:     Re: [ltp] Corel Linux v.1.0
                    07:24 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    linux-thinkpa

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:11:28 +0100, Nico D wrote:

>Hi folks!
>
>Anyone experienced the COREL Linux v.1.0 on a ThinkPad ?
>Anything goes OK?
>The graphical printing is OK (at least with HP DeskJet)?
>It rumored to me, with Corel it's easier to configure the printing stuff.
I'm
>seeking negative/positive experiences before I give a try on my TP770ED.

I have Corel Linux Deluxe installed on my ThinkPad 385XD, and am quite
happy with it.  I could not get RedHat 5.2, or Mandrake 6 to install at
all,  and could not finish installation with Caldera or TurboLinux
(could not get printing to work).  I can get printing to work on my
Canon 4300 under Linux itself and WordPerfect 8.  After some trouble I
can even get an internet connection.

But be warned, I am not an expert or at all knowleagable about Linux -
I just want the OS to work to I can use the computer to do work.