[ltp] lilo without linux

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:35:42 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Michal Bialecki wrote:

> hello everybody,

> Is there any way to install lilo in MBR (Master Boot record) without
> having Linux on harddisk? I have 4 partitions on my TP, and want to
> boot one of them but none of them is Linux.  I have done it once by
> installing on one partition Linux, configuring LILO and then deleting
> LInux, but it is noyt very smart ;)))

If you really want lilo to perform this, then you should be able to make a
boot floppy for this purpose.

If you just want an open source boot manager, you may wish to try Ranish
Partition Manager. Its home page is here:

http://www.lester.co.uk/ranish/part/

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"Wait a minute, Joe. If what you're saying is true,
then I still don't care." - Dave Nelson, News Radio