[ltp] Intro; I'm here for 730T help

Shawn T. Rutledge linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:24:28 -0700

Well I suppose I'll have to check the archives for more info.  Anyway...

I'm new to the list here, heard about it from a general-purpose Thinkpad
list.  I recently got a TP 730T from ebay and am having trouble with Linux
supporting the PCMCIA hard drive.  The kernel detects it as hdc but I get
timeouts when it tries to access the partition table at bootup, or if I run
fdisk after that.  I've tried 3 different drives, and several different
kernels, and have tried the old IDE driver.  Is anybody here successfully
booting this machine from an IDE hard drive?
--
  _______                                     http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud
 (_  | |_)  ecloud@bigfoot.com   finger rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com