[ltp] list archive available?

Bud Rogers linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
18 Mar 2000 08:44:15 -0600

Greetings, I'm new to the list.  I'd appreciate any pointers to list
archives, FAQ, etc.  I've been exploring the links on Kenneth Harker's
Linux on Laptops page at utexas.edu.

I just acquired a Thinkpad 240.  The 6.4G HD has Win98 on a 2G partition.
The other 4+ partition is totally empty AFAICT.  I plan to install SuSE 6.3
on it.  I will probably break that second partition up into a smallish
/boot at hda2, swap at hda3, and the rest as / at hda4.

It doesn't have a cdrom.  I plan to nfs mount the cd in this box to do the
install.  I've never done an nfs install of SuSE, but I don't think that
will be a problem assuming I can put the Thinkpad on the LAN.

So my first task will be to make networking happen.  I have an IBM Etherjet
card on the way.  It was shipped separately and hasn't got here yet.  If
anyone has experience good or bad with this card in a Thinkpad, especially
a 240, I'd appreciate whatever wisdom you can share.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>  http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html

Though all my neighbors are barbarians, and you are a thousand miles away,
there are always two cups on my table.