[ltp] Redhat 6.0 and glibc2_01

Dennis Lee linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 01:08:18 -0600

Jake Holmen wrote:

> Does anyone know if Redhat 6.0 comes with glibc2_01 straight out of the box?
>
> The reason I ask is that Star Office 5.1 uses it, and I wish to install Star
> Office 5.1

It works great but you need to have Java Run Time library CLASS $PATH
correctly set for the help files to work.
I really like the RPM's that IBM put out for JDK and JRE (you only need
the JRE unless you are going to develop in java).
you can find rpm's here http://www.ibm.com/java/jdk/118/index.html

> Second Question.
>
> Can someone please help with a detailed step by step (including links where
> appropriate) instructions of how to put shortcut menus or icons on top of
> fvwm2.  I like the speed of fvwm2 - but I need to be able to have shortcuts
> or mapped buttons to
> halt the computer, reboot the computer,
> run star office
> run netscape.