[ltp] IBM TP600 w/4.8gb

Jake Holmen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 22:42:42 GMT

Nick - if you don't mind,

that line 'Linux hda=10592,15,63'

that you quoted -   when exactly did you type that in?

was it after you had inserted the floppy disk to boot up your computer, and
come to the "welcome" screen of the RH6.0 install?

Usually you just hit enter there, or type 'expert' for more options, but if
that's where you type the boot string you quoted, I might try it, I had the
same problem as you on my TP600E.
BTW - I've got an ~ 8 Gig drive, partitioned into
5.1 Gig - W95
2 Gig - nothing
1.3 gig - also nothing

Where do I find out the EXACT cylinder/head options like you quoted (I am
not sure that I can blindly cut and copy in this example)

Cheers.