[ltp] OT: HD upgrade recommendations?

Shigeo Tanai linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:57:06 +0900

Daishi,

Find out what the model name of your current hard disk by referring
to /proc/ide/hda/model.  Then go to IBM website:
<http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/menu.htm>
or if you prefer Japanese:
<http://www.ibm.co.jp/oemj/storage/>
and search for your hdd's spec sheet.  Look for height information.

It's probably a 12.5mm height, as already mentioned by Harald Milz
<hm@seneca.muc.de>, but I'm not sure.

After that, take a look at IBM's selection of Travelstar hdds.
If you decide to get a thinner drive, you might want to pad it with
something that can withstand heat.