[ltp] Wheel mouse driver w/ Trackpoint?

Harald Milz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 08:38:19 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

has anyone been able to run the IMPS/2 (or another wheel mouse driver) with
the thinkpad trackpoint? Sounds strange I know but in the office I use
external mouse & kbd, and the mouse is a Logi MouseMan+ w/ wheel. When
using the IMPS/2 protocol with the trackpoint mouse movement is erratic at
best. Any trick to get it done, so that I don't have to change XF86Config
all the time (short of using a PCMCIA scheme, that is)?

--
Everyone can be taught to sculpt: Michelangelo would have had to be
taught how ___not to.  So it is with the great programmers.