[ltp] TP240, RH 6.2.

Dennis Lee linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:48:35 -0600

Steven Filling wrote:

> Afternoon all
>
> It was a work avoidance day, so I spent a few hours fetching the 6.2 iso
> image from ftp.kernel.org [don't get too excited, it's been taken down
> ;^(].  I burnt it to CD and did an NFS install on my 240 across an old
> Linksys ethernetcard.
>
> Apart from having to turn off the Norton AV which kept diskdruid from
> writing partition table changes  the install went flawlessly.  Network,
> X@800x600x16, sound, no problems   and seems to be fully functional.  I'll
> update this as soon as I get some time to try out the lucent winmodem
> driver.

I used the XFree86-3.3.6-15 suff from rawhide to do the video on my
i1400 It works great no fussing with hand config files at all. If this
stuff makes it into RH 6.2 anybody will be able to get the IBM i1400
2621 working with Linux :-)

The Lucent binary module from linmodem.org works as well in Linux as the
poor thing works in windows.

Dennis
http://www.telepath.com/mudpup/Linux/thinkPad.html