[ltp] linux implications of 18G hdd for tp600E

Anand Desai linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:01:55 -0500 (EST)

I don't see any reason not to put LILO on the hard drive MBR.  But the
boot partition for each operatng system should be in the first 1024
cylinders of the hard drive.  This means you should have a small (2-8
MB) /boot partition for Linux on the first few cylinders, then the Windows
partition (10 GB or whatever you wanted), then the rest of the Linux
partitions (/ , swap, and any others you might want)

If you install Linux first and then Windows, keep a Linux boot
floppy.  You will need to run LILO once after booting from the floppy
since installing Windows overwrites the MBR.

   /_\o00o_(_)_o00o _  __| |
@bullwinkle.dorm.virginia.edu