[ltp] Wasted Free Space

Anand Desai linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:07:58 -0500 (EST)

When using fdisk, use the command to print the partition table to the
screen before you change anything (write down what it says), and after you
change things but before writing the table to the hard disk, to make sure
you haven't made any mistakes.  If you don't write the partition table to
disk you can safely exit fdisk ; no changes will be made.

BTW, I have found that even if the partition table is messed up and the
computer won't boot, booting from a rescue floppy and using fdisk to put
all the partitions back where they were originally can fix things.  If
anything has been written to the misassigned partitions then the data will
be lost.

   /_\o00o_(_)_o00o _  __| |
@bullwinkle.dorm.virginia.edu