[ltp] [770X] Anyone have vmware running with NT4.0 as guest OS?

Brian Button linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:21:00 -0600

Thanks for the response, Jackie. Andrew and I had come to the same conclusion, I just can't make it work :)

My problem is that the atapi driver seems to be unable to run, and I have no idea why. I have SP5 on the laptop, which has the new atapi driver in it for large harddrives, but still no luck. What I'm seeing is that there are no profiles in which the atapi
driver is available when I check through Control Panel->Devices->atapi->HW Profiles. This list is empty, and when I try to start the driver manually I get an error about NT being unable to start the atapi service.

I'd appreciate any ideas about anything I may have misconfigured on my 770X that could cause this. Otherwise, I'm going to try loading SP6a and see if that fixes it.

Thanks,
bab

--
Brian Button           bbutton@objectmentor.com
Senior Consultant      Object Mentor, Inc.