[ltp] 570<->600X

Jan Csernoch linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 01 May 2000 13:50:02 +0200

ye wei wrote:

> > I want to decide between 570 and 600. Does anyone have an 570 here. If
> > you attach a 24-10x CD-ROM Drive UltraslimBay to TP570, then can you
> > make it boot from that CD? Can you install Linux from that CD-ROM Drive?
>
> I have a 600X, after I upgraded the BIOS, everything goes very smooth!
> Sure, not any problem to boot/install from CD-ROM.

Thanks. Does anyone have a TP570 with CD-ROM drive and a successful Linux
install with that drive on it. How about SuSE 6.4/6.3 on these notebook                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                #
## ----- The Linux ThinkPad mailing list -----
## The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
## http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html
Title: Programmer, LinuxOne       |  LANGUAGES:
Name:  Chun, Sungjin              |    C : Base for Ordinary People.
E-Mail:                           |    FORTRAN : Lang. for Handicapped.
  ninja@linuxone.co.kr            |    C++ : For Dummies.
  ninja@aerohel.snu.ac.kr         |    ObjC : For Genius.
  ninja@pvmcube2.snu.ac.kr        |    ST-80 : REAL LANG.
Comment:                          |    Pascal : So so
  Logic Rules.                    |    ASM : &*$#*%*@&^#@*