[ltp] 570<->600X

Michael Eyrich linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 3 May 2000 09:32:46 +0200

--zS7rBR6csb6tI2e1

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 11:38:01AM -0400, ye wei wrote:
| Jim Haungs wrote:
|=20
| > I have a 600X, and I had no trouble with the CD-ROM, but I had a lot of
| > trouble with the video when I tried installing RedHat 6.2. It showed on=
ly
| > the upper left quadrant of the video output, so none of the "Next" butt=
ons
| > were visible. Once installed, same problem: X-Windows never worked righ=
t.

There is another X-Server available:
   XFCom-neomagic-glibc-2.0.0-1.i386.rpm

It is a binary only packet, but freely available and works like a
charm. No problem at all. This packet also contains a XF86Config which
is immediately usable.

| > Also, I noticed that resuming from a suspend does not restart the netwo=
rk
| > card (Cardbus 3C575); I have to reboot. Is this only a W2K problem?

Did you try stopping and starting the card using the scripts of
'apmd'?

Michael

--=20
Michael Eyrich                                        PRZ,  TU-Berlin
michey@prz.tu-berlin.de                               meyrich@acm.org
 Fingerprint: 4FAE 80C2 A8D2 9752 023A  EABA 6FB4 EB7E 6D08 C25C

--zS7rBR6csb6tI2e1

--zS7rBR6csb6tI2e1--