[ltp] What are the LBA values for a 6.4 MB drive?

Thomas Piergallini linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 3 May 2000 15:28:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

I am loading SuSE on a new 600E, which has a
 6.4 GB Hitachi Modle DK239A-65 hard disk drive.

>From the hitachi web page, it has this specs:
 Number of CYL: 13424
  Number of HD: 15
 Number of SPT: 63

This is non-translated number of cylinders (actual cylinders).

The suse help says use the
  linux hda= CYL,HEAD/SECTOR
command at boot time to specify the drive geometry to the operating system
 http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/en/html/thinkpad_boot.html
as an example, linux hda=1299,240,63 for a 11GB hard drive

Does anyone know the LBA values for the 6.4 GB standard hard drive?
This is the standard hard drive size for a 600E, so I thought some of you may
have run into this.

--
 Thomas Piergallini
EMAIL: pierre@cybertrace.com CONTACT INFO: http://www.cybertrace.com/contact.htm