[ltp] clock drift

George Staikos linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 4 May 2000 13:59:54 -0400

On Thu, 04 May 2000, Larrew, Lee wrote:
> This clock drift problem is probably due to your motherboard clock battery.
> Have you looked at any other OS/version?

   On my Thinkpad?  I just sent it in for repair a month ago... I would be
rather surprised, but you never know.....

   Anyways it happens while the computer is running too..... this shouldn't
have anything to do with the motherboard battery.  And I've seen motherboard
batteries last > 7 years.  This laptop is 5 months old and the motherboard
was replaced a month ago.

--

George Staikos