[ltp] clock drift

Geert Janssen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 4 May 2000 17:50:55 -0400

Dear George,

I have a TP 770Z and for a while also suffered from strange time warps and
drifts. Then I built a custom kernel (2.2.10) and choose NOT to "store RTC
in GMT format". This solved the problem for me. Since then the Linux "date"
consistently shows the correct date and time. I lately got ntp up and running
to be even more precise since my afs client doesn't tolerate too large time
drifts.

Just my 2 cents...

--
Dr. Geert Janssen                Phone: 914 945 2198 / Fax: 914 945 4469
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center  P.O. Box 218, Bldg. 801, Office 33-144