[ltp] Internal/external display use

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 05 May 2000 13:27:19 +0200

"Joachim F. Selinger" wrote:

> Sure there should be a way. Have you tried multiple resolution entries in
> the XF86Config file like:
>   SubSection "Display"
>     Depth       24
>     Modes       "1280x1024" "640x480" "1024x768"
>   EndSubSection
>
> Then you can switch resolutions by pressing Ctr-Alt-+ or - to cycle
> through those listed in the Modes line. '+' does go from left to right in
> this line.

I already considered this, but the problem is that I want to have the
*same* resolution for the internal as well as for the external display
(1024x768). Thus I'd need *two* "1024x768" entries within the "Modes"
line. Is this possible? And if so, I'd need two "Modeline" lines with
"1024x768" within the "Monitor" section which are different in their
other parameters, right?
To what ranges should I set the "HorizSync" and "VertRefresh" parms then
- min and max resp. of the values for both displays?

After all, I'll do the try-and-error approach, but I'd be glad if
someone who *knows* it could drop one or two lines ... Ah, and thanks
for the answer, Jocki!

Markus