[ltp] pcmcia ethernet card hassles

Goetz van Rissenbeck linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 08:41:28 +0200

have you tryed the 'ifport' utility from the pcmcia package?

usage: /sbin/ifport interface [auto|10baseT|10base2|aui|100baseT|##]

goetz

Am Thu, 18 May 2000 schrieb Mike:
>Hi guys,
>
>I've just picked up a 600X with a NetGear FA410 10/100 pcmcia ethernet
>card. The card works fine when I've booted to '98, but it seems to fail
>to negotiate speed and duplex settings with my switch under linux
>(debian potato, 2.2.15, pcmcia v3.1.8).
>
>The card appears to be initialized okay, I've followed the instructions
>on every Thinkpad 600 site I can find and it just won't work.
>
>/var/log/messages shows the pcmcia subsystem and the card are
>initialized fine, except for the following lines:
>[...] wintermute kernel: eth0: found link beat
>[...] wintermute kernel: eth0: lost link beat
>
>The network is configured fine, and the problem perists if the switch
>port is locked to any combination of half or full duplex and 10M or 100M
>inseatd of trying to auto-negotiate. There aren't any resource conflicts
>AFAIK.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
>TIA, Mike.
>
>--
>? Mike Gratton - mike@vee.net
>! "Scientific progress goes 'boink'?"
> > http://web.vee.net/

G. v. Rissenbeck             E-Mail: GVRissenbeck@traffic-consult.com
Traffic Consult GmbH         Herzbachweg 71          63571 Gelnhausen
Tel: 06051 / 18534     Mobil: 0172 / 6677840       Fax: 06051 / 53191
E-Mail: info@traffic-consult.com  WWW: http://www.traffic-consult.com