[ltp] RH 6.0 + 600E + 10GB Hard Drive

Jake Holmen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 28 May 2000 21:16:46 GMT

HI.

I know this may have been raised before, but I have serious trouble putting
RedHat 6.0 on my 600E.

This 600E has a 10GB hard drive.
I know you can append install hda=x,y,z
x = Cyl, y =sec, z=heads.
x = 16383
y = 63
z = 15
I know that you can append the string to the boot prompt so that you can see
the hard drive.  This is what I did.

I flashed the bios with the latest version from IBM as of Thursday 25th May.

I then stuck the RH6.0 CD in and booted up

Then when I came to the prompt - expert or install

I typed
install hda=16383,63,15

And waited.
No to PCMCIA devices, Local CD install
US keyboard,
Custom install (not workstation or server)
then it asked what I wished to use, disk druid or fdisk,
I picked Disk druid - and it came back with the error
'hda not found'  or something like that...
I tried fdisk, same error.

What do I do know?

Regards,