[ltp] RH 6.0 + 600E + 10GB Hard Drive

Martin Hoväng linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 29 May 2000 18:45:09 +0200

I have 600E with a 10GB harddrive and I'm planning to run
Linux on it. I have tried  to boot it with Red Hat 6.1 but it couldn't
find the drive(I still have the 'old' BIOS version)

But I just got a CD-ROM with RH 6.2 and booted my TP with it and it
found
hda. RH 6.2 is shipped with kernel version 2.2.14, the latest is 2.2.15
(2000-05-04), so improvement must has happened.

I haven't finished the installation, so if there are more problems
lurking, let me (us) know.

Martin H
Sweden