[ltp] ThinkPad 390x slows down

Gunnar Evermann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
03 Nov 2000 12:37:20 +0000

Luis Fernando Llana Diaz <llana@sip.ucm.es> writes:

>   I have pruchase an IBM 390x Type 2626 L0G and I gave instaled
> RedHat 6.2. The problem that I have is that when linux is runnig
> for a while (5 minutes aprox.) it gets much slower.

I have a 390X 2626 L as well and see a similar problem under Linux.
Whenever the system is heavily loaded for more than a few minutes (my
test is recompiling all of XEmacs) then the system gets very very
slow. I think this happens in stages.

My current (wild) guess is that the system is overheating, as the
small fan at the left side seems to switch on when this happens.

Does anybody know whether it is possible to get any info from the CPU
about the temperature or whether it has lowered its clock frequency?

 Gunnar