[ltp] Sound Stuff

David Josephsen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:23:24 -0600

Hello people.

Have a TP 600e, Just updated to a 2.2.17 kernel and am having problems getting sound to work. I downloaded and compiled the newest ALSA and the first problem I had was that they changed the module name from cs4232 to snd_card_cs4232.  Second prob was that they changed the parameter syntax in conf.modules from "io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0" to "snd_port=0x530 snd_irq=5 snd_dma1=1 snd_dma2=0"  I changed all these accordingly, but The prob I have now is that when I try to load the module I get :

 "int_module: Device or Resource busy."

So I cat /var/log/messages | grep sound and get:
"snd:CS4232 soundcard#1 not found at 0x530 or device busy"

ok.. So I cat /proc/ioports and get:
0000-001f : dma1
0020-003f : pic1
0040-005f : timer
0060-006f : keyboard
0080-008f : dma page reg
00a0-00bf : pic2
00c0-00df : dma2
00f0-00ff : fpu
0170-0177 : ide1
01f0-01f7 : ide0
0240-0247 : cops
0300-031f : 3c574_cs
0376-0376 : ide1
03c0-03df : vga+
03f0-03f5 : floppy
03f6-03f6 : ide0
03f7-03f7 : floppy DIR
03f8-03ff : serial(auto)
fcf0-fcf7 : ide0
fcf8-fcff : ide1

Sure enough No sound card.... It was here just one kernel ago, Where did it go? Any Ideas?

Thanks again.

--Dave.