[ltp] memory problem

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
13 Nov 2000 14:51:01 -0600

| I have tried both boot parameters (kernelname mem=128M) and lilo.conf
| commands (append="mem=128M") and neither gave me any results according
| to 'free'.

I am surprised that Linux booted at all with that parameter. The
Thinkpad BIOS uses the top 576K (as I recall) of RAM. If the OS writes
to that memory, your TP will probably crash. When you turn on your TP,
it should print the amount of available memory in the upper left corner
(e.g. 130496K). You should use that as the mem value.