[ltp] Detecting Thinkpad Selectabase 600 (TP 600X laptop)

Greg Larkin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:26:48 -0500

Hi,

I just bought a TP 600X and a Selectbase.  I installed Redhat 6.2 and it
has been working fine.  I am setting up X, and it works great on the LCD
display.  Now I would like to automatically detect when the laptop is
docked so I can swap the X config file for one that works with the external
monitor.

I have tried checking the contents of /var/run/stab and various files in
the /proc filesystem, but they do not change when the laptop is docked.
Can anyone point me to a file that might indicate whether the laptop is
docked or not?  The Selectabase does not have any peripherals attached to it.

Thanks,
Greg