[ltp] modem

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:18:12 +0100

Jan Csernoch wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Now, that thanks to you I could solve the memory problem on the 600x I
> have one more pending question. Is there a reliable solution for the
> winmodem for recent kernels. I could only find a proprietary driver for
> older kernels like 2.2.12 or so, which did not work of course. Did
> anyone have success in this matter?
>
> My configuration is TP600X/SuSE7.0/Linux 2.2.16

Have a look at

   http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/computer/ltmodem/

This guy describes exactly what you can do to get the Lucent Modem (e.g.
in the 600X) to work with kernel versions > 2.2.14. BTW, as I understand
it, this modem is not a winmodem, as there is a driver for Linux
provided by Lucent, although the latter is binary only and compiled for
2.2.12-20.

Markus