[ltp] Thinkpad 365xd: what kind of EDO Ram should i use?

Kirk Turner-Rustin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:08:29 -0500

I upgraded my TP 365X (DSTN) to 40MB with the 32MB 60ns SO-Dimm. On first
boot after the upgrade, I also couldn't get the TP to recognize the extra
RAM, either in Linux (RedHat 6.1) or on booting from my small Windoze
partition (95). I tried reseating the module and rebooting a couple of times.
At some point I connected the TP to AC power (I had been booting from the
battery) and the extra RAM was immediately recognized. I've had no problems
with the RAM module since. It may be that extra juice was needed to update
the TP's CMOS setup. Then again, it may have been reseating the DIMM that did
it.

HTH.

On Sunday 26 November 2000 06:03 am, you wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> i have the following question:
>
> I use an IBM Thinkpad 365xd with newest BIOS Release and would upgrade the
> memory up to >32 MB. I have read on
>
> http://members.home.net/mikewalsted/365xd.html
>
> that an 64MB EDO (60ns) is possible. I have tried an 32MB 60ns SO-Dimm but
> the TP does not recognize the module (it should be 40MB but it shows me
> only 8). What could be the cause? Does anybody use 60 ns Modules with this
> Thinkpad. Should i try 70ns instead????
>

> Bye
>  Ralf

Kirk Turner-Rustin