[ltp] A20 Lockups

Douglas Bridges linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:33:59 -0500

My laptop has been having serious problems of locking up. When I leave the
machine idle while plugged in, it locks up tighter than Fort Knox. I have to
remove the battery and unplug it. I suspect this is happening when the
XWindows goes to blank the screen, but I am not sure. I am running XFree
4.0.1 on Mandrake 7.1 with the 2.2.17 kernel (with APM support) on an A20m.
Does anyone have any ideas how to fix the problem (or just tell me how to
turn off the screen blanking of XFree so I can see if that is the problem).

Thanks,
Doug