[ltp] Re: Linux on the T20

Keith Frechette linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:15:21 -0500

--=_alternative 0069D1D0852569A5_=

Ken Firestone wrote:

> I have a Thinkpad 240. I would like to be able to upgrade the Linux on
> it AND still use the modem. Is there any possibility that IBM could do
> something for Thinkpad owners who have put their own distrubutions on
> their Thinkpads?

Ken, that's what we're trying to do. By posting Lucent's driver to the
web, it should be usable with whatever distribution you choose. We're
simply trying to work through a legal issue right now, which is why the
code hasn't been posted yet.

-- Keith

Keith Frechette
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761

--=_alternative 0069D1D0852569A5_=

&gt; it AND still use the modem. Is there any possibility that IBM could do<br>
&gt; something for Thinkpad owners who have put their own distrubutions on<br>
&gt; their Thinkpads?<br>
Ken, that's what we're trying to do. By posting Lucent's driver to the web, it should be usable with whatever distribution you choose. We're simply trying to work through a legal issue right now, which is why the code hasn't been posted yet.</font>
Keith Frechette<br>
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development<br>
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina<br>
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761<br>
--=_alternative 0069D1D0852569A5_=--