[ltp] TP 570 won't hibernate...

Scott McDermott linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:25:54 -0800

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 07:56:32AM +0900, Shigeo Tanai wrote:
> At 17:44 00/11/28, Scott McDermott wrote:
> >The really interesting thing I discovered this evening is that hibernation
> >worked when I booted from a freebsd floppy...
> ???

I boot from Linux install floppy, it doesn't work.  I booted from a freebsd
floppy it did.

> BTW, what linux distribution are you using?

Slackware

> Also, are you sure that you're using a kernel that has APM support
> turned on?  (dmesg | grep apm)

Truth be told, that is irrelevant, but during initial tests, yes. I'm tired of
doing full re-installs to test it.

> Have you compiled your own kernel, or are you using one that
> someone else has compiled?

I've tried both.

> Just be curious:  which partition is active & bootable on your HD?
> Would playing around with those flags help?

Linux was bootable before, right now the dos partition is.

-- Scott McDermott
-- Systems & Network Administrator
-- King County Library System