[ltp] TP 570 won't hibernate...

Scott McDermott linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:11:55 -0800

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 01:04:20PM +0900, Shigeo Tanai wrote:

> that you need to have APM support enabled in your kernel if you want
> to hybernate.  Without it, machine won't hybernate.  It just ignores
> Fn+F12.

Try unplugging the power supply?  Anyway, my machine isn't ignoring it.  It's
trying to hibernate, but never saves the data to the disk.  It just powers
off at the point you'd expect it to start saving to the disk.

> my investigation, I've found that if [Advanced]->[Power]->
> [RediSafe] is enabled, linux won't hybernate.  You need to

I'm almost positive I've used that under Linux in the past, just to see what
it was.

> FYI, I have DOS partition set as both bootable and visible.
> Without "bootable" flag, DOS/Win won't boot right.

That's incorrect.  DOS will be perfectly fine with the Linux partition set
bootable with a properly configured lilo.

> PS  If you have RedHat handy, give it a try.  RedHat usually

I tried it, too.  No further success.

-- Scott McDermott
-- Systems & Network Administrator
-- King County Library System