FW: [ltp] Thinkpad i Series 1200 model 71U

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:06:38 +0100

Christian Schneider wrote:
<SNIP\>

> It works fine using Kernel 2.2
> and the framebuffer device. Though that solution is in terms of speed
> clearly suboptimal.

<SNIP\>

JMFJI

Off topic (well kind of) question:

The "frame buffer device" has been mentioned on various threads
regarding various models.

Am I right in my assumption that this device supports any video
chipset BUT does not use any chipset specifics (e.g. acceleration) ?

If that is the case and there are some parameters, lilo settings
that one should watch out for before using this driver, then would
some one who feels they know what they are talking about and/or
have had experience using the driver please add an entry to the
FAQ on this subject. If there is already an FAQ for this device
then could somebody let me know where it is and I'll add it to
the Linux-ThinkPad.org links page.

Thanks,

    Bill
    LTP Mailing list maintainer