[ltp] Thinkpad 365xd: what kind of EDO Ram should i use?

Kirk Turner-Rustin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:22:08 -0500

On Wednesday 29 November 2000 04:24 am, you wrote:
> Kirk,
> I saw you upgraded your TP365x to 40mb ram. Where did you
> get your chips from? I'm running Slackware 7.0 with 24mb ram
> and I think the extra ram would help alot. Thanks

I got it from IBM, believe it or not. I looked at prices on a half dozen
discount memory web sites at the end of July (when I bought the module), but
IBM's price on their own memory product was cheaper than the discount prices
on most of the generic/clone products. (There were a few products that were
$5 or so cheaper, but they shipped in a bag that had been taped shut with no
documentation, etc.)

Here's the product info as of July 2000:

Part Number    ShopIBM Product                         Qty       Price
92G7342        32MB 60ns EDO SO DIMM Memory            1        $75.00

Point your browser to:

http://commerce.www.ibm.com/content/home/shop_ShopIBM/en_US/home_840.html

and enter the part number in "Know the part number?" box.

I'd be interested to hear if you find a place that's willing to buy your old
16 MB DIMM.

Good luck.

--
Kirk Turner-Rustin