[ltp] TP 570 won't hibernate...

Shigeo Tanai linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:58:06 +0900

At 10:22 00/11/30, Scott McDermott wrote:
>I've got a friend at IBM checking with some of their Linux gurus there to see
>if they know anything.  For now, I've got FreeBSD running on the box and it
>appears to be working well.

Scott, I finally reproduced your problem.  And the solution to
your not able to hybernate is:

	hdparm -m16 /dev/hda

That's it.  You need to have multiple sector I/O for hybernation,
as it turned out.  And I always turn it on in my rc.local script.
2.2 kernel defaults to 0, but for 2.4, it is one of config options.

Geo