[ltp] Linux MWave - does IBM have this internally ?

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:31:46 +0100

Hi folks,

I sent one of those on-line CGI based mail thingys to Mr. Gerstner.

I mentioned my desire for MWave support for Linux, and also pointed
him to the petition page.

This was the reply.

> Dear Mr. Mair,
>
> Thank you for your recent e-mail to IBM regarding IBM's plans to
provide
> support of Linux on IBM ThinkPad products.
>
> At this time IBM does not have a Linux driver that is available for
public
> release for Thinkpad products. I have forwarded your e-mail to IBM's
Linux
> development team for their information.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nancy Howard
> Executive Relations
> IBM Personal Systems Group

Hmmmm. The line that really interests me though is:

> At this time IBM does not have a Linux driver that is available for
public
> release for Thinkpad products.

Note the word "public" !

Could this mean that there is one ? If this is the case I would really
like to
know if and when it would be made available to us mere mortals.

Bill.