[ltp] Problem updating to Mandrake 7.2

M. Leo Cooper linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:54:30 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Shane Heiney wrote:

> I'm currently running RH 7.0 on a TP 760EL with XFree86 4.0.  When I first
> installed it I had a similar problem as you.  After scouring several times over my
> XF86Config file I finally noticed that the file was missing a 'EndSection' keyword
> in (if I remember correctly) the monitor section of the file.  After I fixed it
> XFree86 started right up without a hitch.  It seems that the config script that
> runs during the install and detects the display had failed to write that
> particular line to XF86Config.

This seems not to be the problem with my machine. I had a working XF86Config
file that I tried to reuse. It didn't work with XFree86 4.0, but still works
fine with 3.3.

> I'm fairly certain that's the case at least, since
> as far as I know I didn't delete the line myself.  So my advice to you is to go
> over the XF86Config file with a fine-tooth comb and make sure every 'Section' and
> 'SubSection' keyword has a matching 'End...'

Could I ask you to e-mail me your working XF86Config file (gzipped is o.k.).
My e-mail address is thegrendel@theriver.com.

Thanks.

Mendel